Category Code: A61
Name: CPCS Appointed Person (A61)
Cost: £995 +Vat (this includes training, test and card fees)
Duration: Five consecutive days, one of which includes the CPCS Theory and Practical Test
Who will benefit from this course?
Any person working or required to plan a lift
Course Contents and Aims
This course is designed to supply candidates with an understanding of the responsibilities and core knowledge required of an Appointed Person. Successful completion of the A61 course prepares candidates to implement safe work systems for lifting operations. This includes writing risk assessments and method statements.
Topics covered include;
- Relevant Legislation – LOLER, HASAWA and PUWER
- BS7121 Codes of practice
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane appreciation – crane types, terminology, capabilities and limitations
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Sling angles
- Related Capacity Indicators (RCI’s) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Lifting accessory assessment and selection
- Planning a lifting operation
- Duty charts
- Site access and egress
- Writing a risk assessment (end test) Writing a method statement (end test)
After passing the technical tests you will receive a CPCS Trained Operator Card qualification (red card) endorsed with an Appointed Person category.
Note: The CPCS red card is valid for only two years and within this time you must complete an NVQ Level 5 Diploma to convert the Red card to a Blue Card. Blue CPCS cards are valid for 5 years..
- Health Safety and Environment test for Managers and Professionals – Pass