The NVQ Level 6 qualification is intended for current workers in the construction sector. This course assesses a learner’s ability to demonstrate competence in their job role to a level acceptable for the construction industry and built environment.
How long is the course?
Approx. 3 – 12 months
Who is it for?
Construction Site Managers who wish to gain a Black CSCS Card or Manager Card
The learner is assessed on site through a range of methods such as observations, evidence generated from the workplace, written questions, witness testimonials and professional discussion. The compulsory course structure includes the below mandatory units:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
Learners must be 16 or older and working as a Site Manager. Before gaining authorisation of enrolment onto the course the learner must complete an informal discussion and a questionnaire.