The NVQ Level 6 qualification is intended for current workers in the construction sector. This course assesses a learner’s ability to demonstrate competence in their job role to a level acceptable for the construction industry and built environment.
How long is the course?
Approx. 3 – 12 months
Who is it for?
Construction Site Managers who wish to gain a Black CSCS Card or Manager Card
The learner is assessed on site through a range of methods such as observations, evidence generated from the workplace, written questions, witness testimonials and professional discussion. The compulsory course structure includes the below mandatory units:
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-Related Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
To progress on the Building and Civil Engineering pathway; the learner needs to complete the below mandatory units:
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Planning The Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
Learners must be 16 or older and working as a Site Manager. Before gaining authorisation of enrolment onto the course the learner must complete an informal discussion and a questionnaire.
Further qualifications include Level 7 NVQ in Construction Senior Management.