- 0 (Registered)
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at those who install doors, windows and conservatories or curtain walling. This qualification is at Level 3 and should be taken by those who are experienced installers capable of dealing with a wide range of problems, including working with installations that have complex requirements, and who can deal with all aspects of an installation, including the identification and rectification of technical problems. Candidates may be required to show the skills and knowledge to assess products or work procedures and identify possible improvements.
Candidates may take a technical or supervisory role, particularly in relation to less-experienced installers. They will also work closely with colleagues and have well-developed knowledge of the industry and the regulations and legislation that apply.
Completion of this NVQ will allow you to apply for a Gold CSCS Trade card.
Mandatory Units (All to be completed)
- A/600/7624 Maintain Health and Safety within the Fenestration Installation Working Environment
- J/600/7657 Identify and Rectify Technical Problems in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment
- R/600/8262 Improve the Work of the Organisation through the use of Resources, Communication and Working Relationships in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment
- Y/600/6691Identify and Confirm Installation Requirements in Glass and Related Work
Optional Units Group 1 (1 Unit Required)
- A/600/8269 Install Conservatories
- F/602/4974 Remove and Install Box Sash Windows
- J/602/4975 Remove and Install Oriel Windows
- K/600/6677 Post Curtain Walling Activity
- M/602/4971 Install Bay Windows
- R/601/9200 Create Datum Points for Curtain Wall Installation
- R/602/4977 Remove and Install Rooflight Windows
- T/602/4969 Remove Bay Windows
- Y/602/4978 Install Facetted, Structurally Glazed or Unitised Curtain Walling Systems
Optional Units Group 2 (1 Unit Required)
- A/600/7655 Assess the Quality of Materials and Components in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment
- H/600/8430 Maintain/Repair Windows and Doors or Conservatories
- J/602/4426 Control the Installation of Doors and Windows, or Conservatories, or Curtain Walling
- T/600/7363 Promote and Maintain Health and Safety within Glass or Glass Related Working Environment
- Y/600/8151 Ensure Resources are available to meet Work Requirements in a Glass or Glass Related Working Environment
Optional Units Group 3 (1 Unit Required)
- R/600/6687 Install Curtain Walling Systems
- T/600/8416 Install Window and Door
- Y/600/8425 Install Glass and/or Panels into Windows and Doors
Optional Unit Group 4 (1 Unit Required)
- K/600/8445 Understanding the Building Regulations in the Fenestration Industry
- A/503/0536 Knowledge of Building Regulations and Legislation in Facades
Curriculum is empty
SB Skills Solutions Ltd
Need More Information?
Call. 01695 558420
Course venue and times:
Training dates are available