- 1 (Registered)
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management is designed for people working in the construction sector, this course gives candidates the confidence to carry out management responsibilities effectively.
Candidates completing this NVQ will then be able to apply for a Black CSCS Manager Card.
The Black CSCS card is proof is for employers that you have the necessary skills, knowledge and competence at nationally recognised standards to work in construction site management.
What Does the Course Involve?
This Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management includes certain mandatory units, along with other optional units to give you flexibility in what you learn. These units are assessed over several months.
During the NVQ, candidates study essential aspects of construction site management, including:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Leadership and management
- Planning and preparation
- Materials and supplies
- Environment and sustainability
- Communication systems.
Who is this qualification for?
The NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management is a competence-based qualification aimed at those who have responsibility for organising and managing work on construction sites, including:
- The planning and controlling of work methods
- Allocation of equipment, personnel and materials
- Ensuring work is completed to the required standard
- Ensuring communication is clear and effective.
This qualification is at Level 6, although some units may be at different levels. Level 6 qualifications are primarily aimed at those who are fully trained and experienced in a wide range of roles. It requires the individual to be actively involved in decision making, and have a good understanding of problems that can occur on construction sites, and be able to deal with them.
The course also requires candidates to prove their knowledge of legislation, leading teams, and maintaining and improving the standards of work.
Because of the wide range of tasks that take place on construction sites, it is not expected that those who have supervisory responsibilities will all do the same activities. The qualification is structured to ensure that there is a high degree of flexibility within the units available.
Completion of NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management will allow you to apply for a Black CSCS Manager card.
What Are the Entry Requirements?
To take the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management, you must already be working in a construction site management role or at an equivalent level.
This work should be in one of these areas:
- Civil engineering
- Residential development
- Highways maintenance and repair
You must also have passed the CITB Managers and Professionals Health, Safety and Environment Test which is required for the Black CSCS Manager card.
- C1 – Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- C15 – Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- C90 – Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- C91 – Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- C92 – Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- C93 – Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- C94 – Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- C95 – Managing Personal Development in a Construction-related Workplace
Building and Civil Engineering – Pathway Mandatory Units
- C17 – Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- C105 – Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- C104 – Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- C103 – Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- C102 – Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- C101 – Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- C100 – Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- C99 – Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
- C96 – Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- C98 – Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
- C16 – Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
What Does the Qualification Give You?
With this Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management qualification, you can apply for a Black CSCS Manager Card.
The Black CSCS Manager Card shows your credentials in construction management and is valid for five years.
The NVQ also provides a foundation for further professional development, leading to senior management opportunities in construction, should you choose this route.
If you wish to find out more about NVQs, make a booking, or if you have any queries please contact our sales team now on 01695 558420 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum is empty
SB Skills Solutions Ltd
Need More Information?
Call. 01695 558420
Course venue and times:
Training dates are available