- 0 (Registered)
What is the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision?
The NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision is a nationally recognised, work-based qualification that proves the competence of those already working as supervisors within the construction industry or a trade.
The NVQ aims to give formal recognition of the skills and experience of those working as team leaders or supervisors in occupational work to help to progress their careers.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals with responsibility for supervising work activities in the Construction working environment. The qualification is at Level 3 and is suitable for experienced Construction workers who have the desire and/or need to carry out activities including identifying work methods and resources required to complete tasks safely by organising and coordinating colleagues.
Optional units give the opportunity for communicating information on work activities, allocating and monitoring the use of plant, tools and machinery, monitoring the progress of work against schedules and quality standards.
Completion of this NVQ will allow you to apply for the Gold Supervisory CSCS Card.
- A/503/2772 – Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- M/503/2915 – Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- R/503/2924 – Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- T/503/2723 – Implementing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- F/503/2725 – Co-ordinating and Organising Work Operations in the Workplace
- T/503/2740 Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Machinery or Equipment in the Workplace
- F/503/2742 Monitoring Progress of Work against Schedules in the Workplace
- H/503/2748 Contributing to the Circulation of Construction Related Project Information in the Workplace
- J/503/2743 Confirming Work Meets Quality Standards in the Workplace
- L/503/2744 Implementing Procedures to Support the Team’s Performance in the Workplace
- D/503/2747 Co-ordinating and Confirming the Dimensional Control Requirements of the Work in the Workplace
Why take the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision?
Completing this qualification proves your competence in your role and confirms that you have a thorough understanding of health, safety, and welfare best practices in the workplace.
This NVQ recognises that the role of an occupational work supervisor can vary depending on which field or trade they work in. That’s why the qualification is split into mandatory and optional units, allowing you to tailor it to the work you specialise in.
Some key areas that this NVQ proves competence in include:
- Developing good occupational work relationships.
- Implementing and maintaining health and safety best practices.
- Coordinating and organising work operations.
- Confirming work activities and resources.
Taking the Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Work Supervision is also a popular route to applying for the Gold Supervisory CSCS Card.
What are the entry requirements?
This is a work-based qualification so you must already by working as a supervisor or team leader in an occupational work-based role.
The qualification requires you to provide evidence of your experience in each of its units and criteria, so it is important that you are already confident and skilled at your job before taking on this qualification.
How long does it take to complete and what does the course involve?
The NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision requires applicants to compile a personal portfolio of proof of their experience and competence in each of the qualification’s criteria.
The evidence that you gather can take all different forms, it may include performance reports, question and answer papers, written records of conversations, and audio or video evidence.
Applicants gather the evidence for their portfolio as they work and at their own pace. Because of this, the length of time that it takes to complete the qualification can vary from one person to the next. Usually, the NVQ can be completed within 6 to 12 months, but this depends on how much time you can commit to it.
How is the NVQ Level 3 Occupational Work Supervision assessed?
When you first sign up for the Level 3 NVQ you will be allocated a professional and experienced assessor who will help to guide you through the NVQ.
Most of your communication with your assessor will be done remotely by telephone or by email, but they may also come and assess you on-site once or twice to gather evidence. Evidence is gathered through video, photographs, professional discussions and method statements.
Your assessor can look over your portfolio for you before you submit it and provide you with guidance and advice.
What will you gain from this qualification?
Having the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision on your CV can help to progress your career and improve your employability.
Upon completion of the qualification, you can also apply for your Gold Supervisory CSCS Card.
Once you have achieved your Level 3 NVQ, you may also wish to further your experience and knowledge so that you can progress to take a Level 4 qualification.
Curriculum is empty
SB Skills Solutions Ltd
Need More Information?
Call. 01695 558420
Course venue and times:
Training dates are available